Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Faithful

If there's one thing that has been proved to me in the last 2 months, it is that God is faithful. We have been blessed by so many gifts, meals, cards, etc, but there was one night when I started to worry about one thing in particular. I don't even know if I had the energy to pray about it...but the next day my non-existent prayer was answered by two separate people. God had perfectly (and I mean perfectly) answered my need, even though I didn't have the strength to ask Him to provide.

God is faithful.

On Friday night I had a little "moment" - it just seemed like everything was too much, that it was too hard to cope with. On Saturday, Marcus and I received a very generous gift from a group of friends. It was unexpected, and reduced me to tears when we opened it. I wasn't crying because of their generosity (although we were both truly touched and blown away), but because it was like that gift came straight from God. A not so subtle reminder that He can and will provide.

God is faithful.

I had finished writing this post, when a delivery from some dear friends arrived: some flowers to add cheer to our day, and remind us that we are loved. 



God is faithful.

I wrote about a Steven Curtis Chapman song in my post Dance Among the Ruins, and I'll probable write about many more in the future. After the death of his daughter, he wrote a song called Faithful. I love it because it shows how we can know God is faithful even when we're struggling.


I am broken, I am bleeding
I am scared and I'm confused
But You are faithful
Yes, You are faithful
I am weary, unbelieving
God, please help my unbelief
'Cause You are faithful
Yes, You are faithful

I will proclaim it to the world
I will declare it to my heart
I'll sing it when the sun is shining
I will scream it in the dark

You are faithful!
You are faithful!
When you give and when You take away
Even then, still Your name is Faithful
You are faithful!
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe You're faithful

I am waiting for the rescue that I know is sure to come
'Cause You are faithful
Yes, You are faithful
I've dropped anchor in Your promises
And I am holding on
'Cause You are faithful
God, You are faithful

Though I cannot have the answers
That I wanted to demand
I'll remember You are God and everything is in Your hands
In Your hands You hold the sun, the moon,
The stars up in the sky
For the sake of love You hung Your own Son on a cross to die



2 comments:

Brittany said...

And that is my 2nd favorite song off of that CD (I have had the CD for a couple of years, but have listened to it more in the last 9 weeks than ever before)! :)

Larissa said...

Hehe, it's my second favourite too! Although all the songs are good :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox