Saturday, April 20, 2013

Excitement and tears

On Thursday night, my husband and I went to a Josh Groban concert. He's my favourite singer, and I was so excited that it was almost ridiculous! It felt like finally there was something good to look forward to this year. And the concert did not disappoint...it was phenomenal. We had awesome seats, and there was no support act to have to sit through impatiently! :P 

I only had one concern: that I would be a blubbering mess when he sung Brave, because of the role that song played in my life the week of Ariella's birth (read my explanation here). Thankfully, he opened the show with that song, so I was too excited to be blubbering. But I'll admit that there were some tears. That's what I expected. 

What I didn't expect was that FOUR other songs would make me cry too.

Don't Give Up (You Are Loved)
Don't give up, it's just the weight of the world
...
Don't give up, it's just the hurt that you hide
...
You are loved, don't give up

To Where You Are
Deep in the stillness I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration,
Can it be that you are mine, forever love
And you are watching over me from up above
...
As my hear holds you just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my forever love

Awake 
A beautiful and blinding morning
The world outside begins to breathe
See clouds arriving without warning
I need you hear to shelter me
...
And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other
...
So keep me awake to memorise you
Give me more time to feel this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
...
If I could make these moments endless
If I could stop the winds of change
If we just keep our eyes wide open
Then everything would stay the same
...
And I will remember, oh I will remember
Remember all the love we shared today

You Raise Me Up
When I am down and oh my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit a while with me

Don't Give Up and You Raise Me Up made me teary because they remind me of just how wonderful my husband is, and how I couldn't get through any of this without him. I hadn't listened to To Where You Are for a long time, and I hadn't thought about it in relation to Ariella. But I certainly did during the concert!

But the one that really got me was Awake. I'll always be glad that Ariella was born at 9am, because it meant I got a whole day with her before needing to go to sleep. I didn't want to go to sleep at all...I knew my time with her was limited, and I just wanted to stay awake to memorise her, and to postpone having to say goodbye. I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said that throughout the entire song, I was picturing my sweet Ariella...how I miss her!

But despite the tears, it was such a good night. Maybe even because of the tears, it was a good night. It's nice to be able to enjoy something, even when I'm sad. And it's always nice to be reminded of our precious girl, even if I do get emotional.

And so, Josh Groban, (not that you will ever read this), thank you for an amazing concert. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to and for reminding me of my darling Ariella.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful songs. So glad you had a special night <3

Larissa said...

Thanks, it was a lovely time :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox