Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Funerals and letters

I went to the cemetery today, and was heartbroken to drive up to the Children's section and see that it was set up for another funeral. Knowing what those parents must be going through made me cry. About two weeks after Ariella's burial, she was joined by a little boy named Marco, two spots over from her. Recently there was a tiny grave added, and today there will be another precious baby getting buried. It's awful :(

It made me think back to the day we buried Ariella. Seeing my little girl's white coffin, knowing that I'd laid her in it the day before was hard. I coped so much better than I thought I would, and I believe that's because I had people praying that I would cope ok.

God always knows what we need. I was a bit emotional this morning, realising that it's almost been 3 months without my baby girl. I checked the letterbox, and was so blessed to see a letter that a friend had sent me. It's sitting on the couch next to me and it makes me smile to know that people are still thinking of Ariella. I think part of me is afraid that as time goes on, she will be forgotten. But I'm realising more and more that she won't be. And I'm so grateful.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Hi Larissa,
I'm so so sorry to hear about Ariella.
I have a cousin, 2 months younger than me, who was stillborn. Her name is Charmaine. She is still remembered, and I'm certain Ariella will be.

Larissa said...

Thank you Rachelle. I hope you and James are well.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox