Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Signs of God's love

A friend asked me the following question on Facebook:
Has God given you any special signs or spoken to you in a special way to assure you of His love that you would feel able to share?
I thought it was a good question, and so I've been trying to think of my answer. I have definitely felt God's love during the past 11 weeks. But I had to stop and think about why or how I've felt it. Here are my conclusions:

*God's love in giving me such a wonderful husband. I was amazed when we were discussing plans for Ariella's birth, funeral, grave site and plaque...Hubby and I had the same ideas for all of it. Even down to what song we wanted to play at her service, and what flowers we wanted there! I can't think of a single time when our desires regarding our daughter were different. I know God brought us together a while ago (in fact, today marks 500 days of marriage!), but I still say that Hubby has been a sign of God's love for me over the past 11 weeks.

*One night I was concerned about money. The next day we were given gifts from two people - enough to cover a week of rent. I hadn't even prayed about it that day, all I'd thought was "it would be amazing if someone were to give us money right now, I feel like it's what I need as a pick-me-up." God took that thought, and graciously, lovingly responded. I could almost hear God saying to me "Larissa, there is no need to worry. I've got you."

*I really struggled one weekend, for reasons I won't to go into here. A pastor at church noticed, then called me during the week to see how I was and to offer to chat. That chat seriously turned my week around. Experiencing the pastor's love and care for me (which has been constant, not just that once) is another thing that assures me of God's love. 

*There's also been a few times when I've heard God speak to me, but I don't want to share the details. What I will say is this: prayer isn't just a us talking to God. He talks back. Not necessarily audibly, but He speaks to your heart. And when He does, those words are precious. 

I don't know if those were the sorts of things imagined when my friend asked the question, but they are what spring to mind when I think about the reasons why I feel assured that God loves me, even after this tragedy. And I also know, without a doubt, that God loves you too, dear reader. I don't know your circumstances, but He does. And He loves you.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so wonderful. I know what you mean about God speaking to your heart. It's those little thoughts that come into your brain that you couldn't possibly have thought on your own. A true supernatural comfort.

Larissa said...

Very much so :) I'm glad you know what I mean, as I assume that you've heard it too. God is good.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox