Thursday, October 24, 2013

Capture Your Grief: Days 16-22

DAY SIXTEEN: SEASONS


When I think about Christmas, I feel a bit like this ornament: shattered. Last Christmas, I was almost eight months pregnant, full of excitement and anticipation. This Christmas, I will be just over eight months pregnant and I expect I'll have rather mixed emotions. Excitement and anticipation at the fast approaching birth of this little one, but knowing that Ariella's birthday is also approaching. I feel like this Christmas will be too similar to the last one, but without my little girl in my arms.

DAY SEVENTEEN: TIME


As of October 17, it had been 37 weeks and 1 day since Ariella was born. It's fast approaching the day that means she's been gone longer than she was alive. I have grand plans for that day: nothing. I'm not going to schedule anything, I'm not going to make any commitments. I'm going to allow myself to be as sad as I need to be.

DAY EIGHTEEN: RELEASE


I already blogged about this one. You can find that post here.

DAY NINETEEN: SUPPORT


Out of all the people in my life, my greatest support has been my husband Marcus. I literally cried when choosing this picture because it got me thinking about all the things he has done for me his year. He's a pretty incredible man, and I feel so blessed to have him. He's been an incredible support to me even though he's been going through his own grief. I love you Marcus.

DAY TWENTY: HOPE


This is another picture that I've already blogged about, you can read it here. My hope is in Christ alone.

DAY TWENTY-ONE: HONOUR


To honour Ariella, I am raising money for Heartfelt Camera Kits. For all the details, read My Birthday Wish.

DAY TWENTY-TWO: WORDS


This Bible verse has been one that I have clung to all year long. I cannot wait for the day when I get to Heaven, and death will no longer exist. My little girl will be in my arms again, and I won't ever have to say goodbye to her again. Ironically, while this verse promises that one day there will be no more crying, I cannot read this verse without tearing up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox