Friday, October 25, 2013

Do you remember? Do you know?

Do you remember my first baby?

Do you remember that it's only been nine months since we said goodbye?

Do you remember that I still miss her?

Do you remember that my husband misses her too?

Do you remember that no matter what happens with this pregnancy, my first baby died

Do you remember that I am a mother?

Do you remember?


Do you know that grief isn't linear?

Do you know that me sleeping in some mornings is my way of coping; that it is not a "luxury" and I wish it wasn't an option?

Do you know how much it means to me, to us, when you speak about our daughter?

Do you know stillbirth isn't something you can catch by talking about it?

Do you know how much it hurts when people act as though it is?

Do you know that my continuing grief doesn't mean I am not trusting God?

Do you know?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know ... I wish I didn't and that you didn't ... but I know <3

Larissa said...

I wish neither of us did <3

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox